Translate this blog!

10 February 2013

I heart Fasnet (part two) - Fackelumzug

Ah yes, the famous Fackelumzug ("torch parade") of Elzach.  This year marked my 3rd trip to see this traditional event.  And it was the best yet!  We had a great spot on the parade route (I'm guessing it wasn't as crowded this time around since they also had a night parade for their Narrentreff {see previous post}).  Since we had such a great spot, this allowed for me to get hugs and kisses (and sometimes hit with pig bladders) from the Narren, which really made me feel, well, local.


We stayed through to the very end, when they all tossed their torches into a large bonfire pit.  One person caught his 3-cornered hat on fire, but other than that the night was nothing but fun and smooth sailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!