Translate this blog!

04 October 2010

Mein Liebling Oktober

I have always loved October, for various reasons.  I love the fall.  The smell of the air, the crunch of dead leaves, the soups... and I consider it the start of the 'holiday season' for me.  October means back to school, my birthday, Halloween, then Thanksgiving, Christmas, and into the New Year.  October is when the year slows down just a bit for you to breathe before the rest of the year whips past you.

October is quite special in Germany, with Oktoberfest (which actually begins in September), Reunification Day (on the 3rd... not widely celebrated, actually), and pumpkins.  Oh the pumpkins!  Pumpkin everything: bread, soup, casserole, cookies...

Well, I don't have a recent pumpkin photo for you, but I do have a Brezeln photo to share, from Oktoberfest.  More on pumpkins later.


1 comment:

  1. It's a shame that most German don't celebrate Halloween, but I guess it's getting more and more popular.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!